Melanie Mastrototaro BA(hons) ATCL LTCL AmusTCL MISM
I always wanted to sing so started lessons age 15. A thirst to learn more led me to the University of Hull for my degree in Music. Through Trinity College London I have three diplomas, including my LTCL singing recital with distinction!
As a solo singer, I’ve enjoyed many leading roles on stages across the country. In addition, I’ve sang at lots of special occasions and weddings. I am a member of Southampton Operatic Society, DramtiLyrica Voce (a group of trained singers running concerts for charity) and Queen Bees (an all girl a cappella group).
I am always looking to sing, so please feel free to contact me if you’d like to know more.
After my degree, I wanted to share my passion in music and so taught the art I love. Over 12 years later, I still help students learn how to sing or play the piano. Consequently, I love teaching!
Above all, my belief is that if you want to do it, then you can! Please get in touch about lessons.
Finally, I’m from Yorkshire but moved to Hampshire to be with the man I love and start our family. Local areas to me now are Eastleigh, Fair Oak, Bishopstoke and Horton Heath. Also including Colden Common, Hedge End and Chandlers Ford. Further afield are Southampton and Winchester.
- Spring Masquerade, a charity concert raising voices for the roof fund at The Immaculate Conception Church, Southampton (DramaticLyrica Voce)
- Midsummer Melodies, a charity concert in aid of The Courage Foundation. (DramaticLyrica Voce)
- One of the Nightingales in “An Edwardian Christmas” (Maskers Studio Theatre) “…Melanie gives a star performance, whether singing operatically, in an ensemble or as a feline, with her vocal performance, facial expressions, physicality and whole presentation level.” (http://sceneoneplus.com/an-edwardian-christmas-soiree/)
At The Opera
- Phyllis – G&S “Iolanthe” (Greasbrough Operatic Society and Trent Opera at Buxton Festival)
- Julie – Rogers & Hammerstein “Carousel” (Greasbrough Operatic Society)
- Aline – G&S “Sorcerer” (Grenoside & Birley Carr Players)
- Gianetta & Casilda – G&S “The Gondoliers” (Grenoside & Birley Carr Players and Sheffield Teachers)
- Mabel – G&S “Pirates of Penzance” (Trent Opera – Buxton Festival (video of “Poor Wandering One” from this show here) and Southampton Operatic Society).
- Yum Yum – G&S “The Mikado” (Derby G&S Society)
- Josephine – G&S “HMS Pinafore” (Sheffield City Opera)
- Handel’s “Messiah” (Bel Canto Choir)
- Orff’s “Carmina Burana” (Bel Canto Choir)
- Vivaldi’s “Gloria” (Rawmarsh Choral Society)
- Mendlessohn’s “Hear My Prayer” (Rawmarsh Choral Society)
I have also competed in local music festivals, namely the Don Valley Festival, the David Clover Festival of Singing, York Festival of Singing and recently the Southampton Festival of Music and Drama winning shiny trophies for Opera, Light Opera, Oratorio, Lieder and Art Song categories.